cPanel/WHM 11.50 is being deployed to our shared and mailman hosting services over the next couple of weeks. This new version of cPanel brings the following changes:
- CentOS 7 support. Right now our shared and mailman servers are running some version of CentOS 6. We have no immediate plans to move to CentOS 7 at the moment.
- Greylisting. This feature is available to our shared hosting clients via their cPanel interface. Greylisting allows you to defer mail coming from new or unknown email addresses.
- Calendars and Contacts support. Our cPanel and Webmail users will be able to create and share their own calendars and contacts using CalDAV and CardDAV protocols.
- Passive OS fingerprinting. This technology brings an additional layer of security to our servers.
- The Horde Webmail application will be using SQLite to store its data instead of MySQL. This should speed up performance of Horde.
- The SSHTerm application within cPanel is now removed.
If you are an existing client and you have any questions regarding these changes then please open up a support ticket via your client area and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015