PHP is a server-side scripting language that is used to develop some of the most popular web applications in use such as WordPress and PrestaShop. Since PHP is always being updated, it is important to keep up with the latest PHP version that is available. Newer versions of PHP brings better security, speed and stability. With EMWD hosting, we make it very easy to manage what PHP version your website uses to run its PHP applications.
- Log into your client area.
- Click on the Services box or select Services --> My Services from the top menu.
- On the My Products & Services page, select the hosting service that you need to adjust your PHP version for. Clicking on the row will work.
- Select the PHP Version box on the Manage Product page.
- Click the edit button to the right of the domain name.
- Select the PHP version that you want to enabled for the domain name and click the Save button.
- Allow about 30 seconds for the PHP version to take effect and your hosting service under that domain name will now be using the listed PHP Version.
That is it. The PHP version tool is very powerful and allows our hosting clients a lot of freedom when it comes to controlling the server environment for their PHP applications.