Sometimes installing a PHP application requires certain PHP settings to be set to a value that differs from the server's default settings. In this article we will show you how to set custom settings for your website's PHP version.
- Log into cPanel.
- Once you are in cPanel, go to the Software section and click on the MultiPHP INI editor icon.
- In the "Select a location" drop down box, choose your website's domain name.
- A series of settings will now appear. There are the most common settings that needs to be adjusted and not meant to be an exhaustive list of all the settings for PHP.
- Adjust your settings and click the Apply button at the end.
- If you require additional settings that are not listed then click on the "Editor Mode" tab to add those settings.
- When you access the Editor Mode you will need to again choose your location as in step 3 above.
- Choose the next empty line to add your custom settings. Please make sure you are using the correct syntax for the setting. Searching for the correct syntax via Google will be of an immense help here.
- Once you have added your custom setting(s) then click the Save button to apply them.
That is it. The MultiPHP INI editor tool is very powerful and gives our hosting clients a lot of freedom when it comes to control the server environment for their PHP applications.