- Open Outlook
- From the Tools menu select Account Settings. The Account Settings box appears.
- Verify that the E-mail tab is selected. Your email account appears, usually labeled mail.yourdomain.com
- Click on the account to highlight it, and click on the Change icon above it. The Internet E-mail Settings appear.
- Click the button More Settings... in the lower right-hand corner. The Internet Email Settings box appears.
- Click on the tab Outgoing Server.
- Click the check box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and verify that the circle-box Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click OK to close the Internet Email Settings box.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT use the "Test Account Setting..." button to test the settings. This will fail.
- Click the Finish button to close the Internet E-mail Settings box. Click the Close button to close the Account Settings box. SMTP authentication has now been enabled.
- 37 Users Found This Useful
Seems like an easy question to answer—we all receive spam, and we all know what it is. But...
If you are having problems connecting to your email account using an email application such as...
The number one reason why your email program is rejecting your email password is due to the use...
There is a great tool in cPanel that allows you to view EVERY message sent to a mail account (in...
The Email Disk Usage tool is an exciting tool that was released in 2017. This utility allows you...